Opportunity for UK registered organisations to apply for a share of up to £25 million from Innovate UK to deliver game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy.
Smart is Innovate UK’s ‘Open grant funding’ programme. Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £25 million in the best game-changing and commercially viable innovative or disruptive ideas. All proposals must be business focused.
Opening date: 21 January 2021 09:30 (GMT)
Closing date: 26 May 2021 11:00 (GMT)
Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as, but not exclusively:
- the arts, design and media
- creative industries
- science or engineering
Whilst we welcome projects that overlap with the grand challenge areas this is not a requirement, as we are also keen to support projects in other areas. To monitor the impact of our work to promote equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) we need to collect relevant data and evidence. For this competition this means:
- all applicants are required to complete the EDI survey
- applicants are prompted to consider EDI as part of the application process
EDI considerations are highly encouraged where appropriate in the proposal. Applications will continue to be assessed on their innovation merit, where innovation is defined as the potential for commercially successful exploitation of ideas.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size or a research and technology organisation (RTO)
- be, or collaborate with, at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- carry out your research and development (R&D) project activity in the UK
- intend to commercially exploit the project results from the UK.
Projects of 6 – 18 months must have total eligible project costs between £25,000 and £500,000 and can be single or collaborative. Projects of 19 – 36 months must have total eligible project costs between £25,000 and £2 million and must be collaborative.
For more information please click here